Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Movie Project (watch all our movies)

Today we watched:

16 Blocks

















 This movie stars Bruce Willis and Mos Def.  I think this is the first thing I saw Mos Def in and I gotta say, he is probably my favorite part of this movie.  Bruce Willis is good too but you kinda know what to expect from him, especially as someone playing a cop, although a different kind of cop than he usually plays.  He is actually kind of like the character he played in Sin City, sort of a broken down cop at the end of his career. 

I think this is a very overlooked movie.  I think the title and the images provoke notions of something other than what the movie turns out to be, which is actually kind of a nice surprise.  Its much more character driven than an action type movie, which is what the trailers and the posters kind of present it as.

Anyway it's a good movie.  Just because I own a movie does not mean it is good, as you will see... but so far the first 3 have been winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment