Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Movie Project (watch all our movies)

 ...continued

OK so we finished the movie (Season of the Witch) with a few technical difficulties. (first computer wouldn't play DVD, then it malfunctioned my computer somehow halfway through) 



I enjoyed the movie, I thought it was entertaining.  It wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it also wasn't the worst.  I feel like it suffered slightly from an identity crisis.  There was action, witches (kinda), demons, comedy, possessions, buddy/bromance, crusades, crisis' of faith, mystery... the only thing it lacked was a love story which is kind of a nice change of pace.  But there was a lot going on and I feel like it had a hard time establishing itself and I didn't really get too attached to the characters possible as a result.

The two main characters, who I can't really tell you the names of, played well off of each other but I think this is more a result of the actors playing them (Nicholas Cage, Ron Pearlman) than the script.  I was reminded of Kingdom of Heaven at points and of Army of Darkness at others and very few times parts of the Exorcist movies.  Bottom line here is that I thought it was worth watching, not worth owning.

No comments:

Post a Comment